Grants and Fellowships
- 2016: Awarded Artist in Residence at Harfnarborg Art Center, Harfnarjardour, Iceland
- 2013 Fellow at Leighton Artist Colony, Banff Centre for the Arts, Banff, Canada
- 2008 Governor’s International Arts Exchange Grant, Illinois Arts Council
- 2008 Artist Fellowship, Ragdale Foundation, Lake Forest IL
- 2003 Artist Fellowship, Ragdale Foundation, Lake Forest, IL.
- 1998 Artist Fellowship, Ragdale Foundation, Lake Forest, IL
- 1996 Artist Fellowship, Ragdale Foundation, Lake Forest, IL.
- 1988 Grant, Chicago Artists Abroad,
working in Edinburgh, Scotland: had traveling solo exhibition of work in Great Britain, and directed large-scale mural with people working through drug addiction at Gateway Exchange, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 1975-1977 Samuel T. Arnold Traveling Fellowship, Brown University. (Watson Fellow)
Directed mural project with prisoners, staff members and visitors at Special Unit of Barlinnie Prison, Glasgow; directed mural project with young psychiatric patients, Douglas Inch Centre, Glasgow; compiled and directed Community Arts Resources, on international community arts; directed mural training session for Community Arts Team of Craigmillar Festival Society, Edinburgh; documented Modern Mexican Mural Movement in Mexico; traveled in Western Europe to document murals.
- 2016: Award of Excellence, National Watercolor Honor Society, Watercolor USA, Springfield Art Museum
- 2105: Merit Award, Americas Paperworks 2016, Minot State University, North Dakota
- 2013 Finalist, National Jewish Book Award, for Allegra Magrisso’s When Sarah Laughed (Illustrations)
- 2000 Award of Honor,”Drawing 2000”, Period Gallery, Omaha, NE, Juror: Barbara Simcoe
- 1999 Meinenger Award, Rocky Mountain Watercolor Exhibition, Golden, CO, Juror: Sondra Freckelton
- 1999 Honorable Mention, “Watercolor Wyoming,” Lander, WY, Juror: Caroline Buchanan
- 1996 Prize, Gold Coast Watercolor Society, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- 1995 Best in Show, “East Meets West,” Sarasota Center for the Visual Arts, FL, Juror: Gail Mead
- 1990 Award of Distinction, “Artforms 90” Greater Lafayette Museum, Lafayette, IN
- 1987 Merit Award, “Aqueous 87,” Owensboro Museum of Art, Owensboro, KY
- 1986 First Award, “Artist Views the City,” Gallery at the Old Post Office, Dayton, OH, Juror: Richard Haas.
- 1983 Best-in-Show, Putnam Arts Council Exhibition, Mahopac, NY
- 1982 First Prize in Watercolor, Illinois State Professional Art Exhibit, Springfield, IL
- 1974 Minnie Helen Hicks Prize in Art, Brown University.